Top 10 Frequently Asked QuestionsHow much does it cost to install a generator?
Installation dependent on proximity to gas & electric services plus applicable tax & permits.What are the 'hidden' costs associated with buying a backup system?
We tell you before we commence work exactly how much your bill will be. If we miss something on the quote after starting, you will still receive the same quality installation, and we pay for the missed item.How do I know what the best option is for my situation?
Schedule an appointment with us and for $99.00 plus GST, we will evaluate your home, provide you with a load calculation and total price, including applicable permits. If you agree with the price and proceed with an order, we will refund your consultation.What else does Absolute Power Ltd. do?
We supply and install surge protection, power factor correction for Industry, provide net metering, custom sound attenuation along with brokering surplus generators through our power generation network.What if my natural gas line ruptures during an earthquake?
Immediately turn off the valve on your gas meter,pull the fuse on the control board, switch the fuel to a suitable Propane tank and move the switch to the LP position (for air cooled Guardian models). Turn on Propane valve and restart.If I place an order, how long can I expect to wait for delivery and install?
If your unit is not in stock, a typical wait for air cooled models is 14 business days of placing your order. Liquid cooled units are typically 4 weeks.How much will it cost me to put my well pump, fridge and furnace on an automatic generator?
To be updated.What areas do you service?
Primarily the BC Lower Mainland. If you live elsewhere, contact us by email to discuss your situation. We can ship and provide instruction anywhere backup or prime power is needed.I want my whole house to be on a generator. What do I need to do?
You need to do a load calculation that includes the size of your home to avoid nuisance tripping on the generator. You then match the size of the ATS to the size of your main disconnect. Remember, if it is a 125 Amp service, you still must use a 200 Amp ATS. If you are not comfortable figuring this out, let APL do it for a refundable $99.00 plus GST. If you choose to go ahead, the fee is waived.Do I need a concrete pad?
All air cooled units come with a mounting pad. Liquid cooled units require a 5.5 inch reinforced concrete pad.
PREPARE YOUR HOME AND FAMILY FOR SEVERE WEATHER
Create a family disaster plan.
- Decide ahead of time where to go if you are at home, school, work, outdoors, or in a car when severe weather hits.
- Agree with family members on a designated place to meet if separated. Include a place directly outside the home and in your city or neighbourhood.
- Designate a friend or relative outside the area as your contact if you are separated.
Know the difference between a watch and a warning.
- WATCH – Conditions for severe weather are possible in the specified area with 36 hours.
- WARNING – Severe weather conditions have been reported by spotters or radar and are expected in the area within 24 hours.
Inspect home and yard for potential hazards.
- Remove outdoor items such as lawn furniture, trash cans, toys and hanging plants as they may become airborne during a storm.
- Trim or cut down weak trees and branches which could easily be broken off by high winds and damage homes.
- Keep rain gutters, outside stairwells, window well, drain lines and down spouts clear to prevent flooding in high rains.
Protect home’s openings
- Protect or cover windows, entry doors, sliding glass doors, garage doors and gable end vents.
Secure backup power
- Flashlights cannot power refrigerators and candles are fire hazards.
- The American Red Cross suggests that permanently installed stationary generators are best suited for providing backup power to the home than portable generators